Register as a Client
Having trouble filing your tax returns? Never filed a tax return before? Don’t have time to file?
Have no fear! The ASA tax volunteers are here!
Register to be a CVITP client and you will have your tax returns filed by dedicated volunteers trained by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and SFU Accounting Student Association (ASA). The ASA CVITP team filed over 800 returns last year, preserving the benefits and financial entitlements for over 1,000 members of the SFU community as well as providing peace of mind for these individuals in meeting their tax filing obligations.
- Single Person with an annual income of $35,000 or less.
- Couple without dependents combined income of $45,000 or less.
- Additional $2,500 for each dependent.
- Individual with less than $1,000 investment income.
Volunteers cannot prepare tax returns for:
- Those with employment expenses, business or rental income/expenses.
- Those who are self-employed (owns a business).
- Those who have deceased returns.
- Those who have returns claiming capital gains or losses.
- Those with major investments/RRSP/stocks/mutual funds/RESP.
- Those with investments outside of Canada.
- Those who filed for bankruptcy.
Taxes will be filed March 31 – April 28.
Our 2023 client application is open! Application closes on March 25, 2023 at 11:59 PM. The registration link is here
For any questions regarding the application, please feel free to reach our Project Managers at email@example.com.
Register as a Volunteer
Our 2023 volunteer application is open! Application closes on March 3, 2023. The registration link is here
Use this opportunity to gain tax experience with the help of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)!